Plastic media BIOFILL® type B & BR
The product BIOFILL® type B appears after more than 15 years of producing BIOFILL® type A, with the aim of giving an alternative product that doesn’t need so much surface and with a cheaper price. This product has a variation called BIOFILL® type BR (reinforced).
Both products have the same geometry, dimensions and specific surface. The only differences are the thickness and applications.
While the standard BIOFILL® type B is used in trickling filters which have a filling tallness equal or less than 4 m. and in gas-cleaning towers. BIOFILL® type BR is used in trickling filters which have a filling tallness over 4 m. and in air biological filters. Its mechanical resistance and large free volume allow the flow of air to treat. Its large surface allows growing bacteria colonies to eliminate volatile gases.
|Specific surface||> 115 m2/m3|
|Free volume||96 %|
|Weight per m3||39 Kg|
|Nº of pieces/m3||460|
|Diameter of pieces||160 mm|
|Weight per piece||85 gr|
|Weight per piece BR type||112.6 gr|
|Weight/m3 BR type||51,8 Kg|
|Made by injection in||PP|
|Max. working temperature||65 ºC|
|Resistance to hydrocarbons||Good|
|Resistance to alkalis||Excellent|
- BACTERIA XP. Useful for industrial plants or municipal plants receiving industrial wastewater.
- BACTERIA HX. Works on inhibitor matter.
- BACTERIA XNL. Increases nitrification capacity.
- BACTERIA DEN. Improves denitrification.
- BACTERIA XF. Eliminates filamentous organisms and improves sludge return.